- The perfect gift for kids interested in astronomy to stargaze on their own or with their families, the Observer 60mm Refractor offers jaw-dropping views of the Moon’s craters, Saturn’s rings, Jupiter and it’s moons, and more!
- Utilizes a 60mm glass lens (not plastic) and includes two fully-coated 1.25 inch telescope eyepieces for two different viewing magnification options
- Includes a red-dot EZ Finder II reflex sight to make aiming the telescope at celestial objects easy
- The aluminum telescope tripod is sturdy yet lightweight, making the Observer 60 a very portable refractor
- With the included Starry Night software, you can print out detailed maps of the sky to make locating objects to view even easier
For about the price of a fast-food meal and a movie, the whole family can enjoy countless nights out with our Observer 60 telescope. It’s the perfect scope for giving any novice their first jaw-dropping glimpses of lunar craters, Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s moons, star clusters, and bright nebulas. A definite step up in quality from the standard department-store models, the Observer 60 features two fully coated 1.25″ Kellner eyepieces, a 1.25″ focuser, an Orion EZ Finder II aiming device, and a sturdy aluminum tripod with accessory tray. Everything you need to get started exploring space! You even get Starry Night SE astronomy software worth .90 — FREE! This is a great telescope for young beginners who are interested in looking at the stars. Its affordable price, high quality, and ease-of-use make the Observer 60 AZ Refractor an ideal telescope for curious kids and their families. The Observer 60 is not a toy, but is a genuine refracting telescope with real glass optics – not plastic lenses – capable of providing clear and sharp views of the Moon and more on any cloud-free night. Having a real telescope with as much quality as the Observer 60 AZ will allow your child’s interest in astronomy to grow as they begin to explore the night sky.
Lowest Price: £63.29
Buy from Amazon
- A fantastic beginner telescope for kids that’s lightweight, easy to set up, and has a very affordable price tag!
- 76mm (3 inch) aperture reflector telescope is large enough for wonderful views of the Moon, rings of Saturn, moons orbiting Jupiter, and even some brighter nebulas
- Stable altazimuth mount and tripod provides smooth motion in both altitude (up/down) and azimuth (left/right) axes of motion
- The included EZ Finder II reflex sight makes finding celestial objects a breeze – once aligned, just place the red-dot on the object, and you’re ready to view!
- Includes two 1.25 inch telescope eyepieces, EZ Finder II reflex sight, smooth rack and pinion focuser, reflector collimation cap, and Starry Night astronomy software
If you’re looking for an affordable entry-level telescope for that beginning astronomy enthusiast, our SpaceProbe 3 Altaz is the perfect choice. Great for all-around stargazing, this highly portable, uncomplicated scope is just the right size and weight for the entire family, and just the right price for parents. This is a quality telescope, with a 3″ (76mm) glass primary mirror mounted in a sturdy Neptune Blue Metallic aluminum tube. The rack-and-pinion focuser accepts standard 1.25″ eyepieces. Two Explorer II eyepieces, a low-power 25mm (28x) and a high-power 10mm (70x), are included. An EZ Finder II finder scope mounted on the tube helps zero-in on the sky target. The altazimuth mount is lightweight and easy to use. To aim it, simply move it up or down or left or right. An adjustable, aluminum tripod with accessory tray is also included. This petite reflector telescope is a great choice for kids who are curious about space and the stars. The telescope’s 3″ aperture (or diameter) gathers a good amount of light from the night sky, for impressively bright and detailed views of celestial wonders. The whole family will want to join in the fun of seeing thrilling views of the Moon, bright planets, and star clusters seen through the SpaceProbe 3 AZ telescope. This is a genuine reflector telescope that will help foster a lifetime of appreciation for science and astronomy.
Lowest Price: £77.98
Buy from Amazon
- A great compact grab-and-go telescope designed for entry-level and intermediate astronomy enthusiasts
- Substantial 4.5 inch aperture and fast f/4 focal ratio provides bright, detailed views of solar system targets like the Moon and planets, as well as wide-field celestial objects like nebulas and star clusters
- Ships pre-assembled so you can go from the box to your backyard in minutes
- Stable tabletop base provides smooth altazimuth motion for easy manual tracking of celestial objects
- Includes two Explorer II 1.25 inch Kellner telescope eyepieces (17mm and 6mm), EZ Finder II reflex sight for easy aiming, eyepiece rack, collimation cap, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
Orion offers quality telescopes for the whole family that are easy to use and will inspire your natural inclination to explore. The StarBlast, pint-sized in stature, is a real reflecting telescope that’s super-simple to use and yet manufactured with the kind of quality you’d expect in more expensive models. The StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope is a point-and-view telescope that swivels smoothly on its sturdy, low-profile base. It comes pre-assembled and ready for astronomical action right out of the box! Just carry the telescope outdoors by its built-in handle, place it on the ground or on a picnic bench, and let the fun begin!
Lowest Price: £148.99
Buy from Amazon