- 127mm (5″) aperture combined with a very long 1540mm focal length make the StarMax 127 a Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with multiple proficiencies
- Ideal telescope for sharply detailed views of planets such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, as well as the Moon and brighter deep -sky gems
- High-resolution imaging and visual performance in a telescope only 14.5″ long!
- Includes sturdy adjustable tripod and AstroView equatorial (EQ) mount for convenient slow-motion celestial tracking
- Includes a 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ telescope eyepiece, 6×30 finder scope, 90-degree mirror diagonal, soft case for the optical tube and accessories, EQ mount polar -alignment scope, Starry Night software, and more!
For the discriminating observer who wants performance and quality optics as well as portability and easy set-up, the StarMax 127 EQ is the telescope of choice. Its Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design and big 127mm (5″) aperture deliver bright, high-resolution images in a tube only 14.5″ long! The StarMax 127 EQ’s light-gathering power gives faint deep-sky objects distinctly more presence in the field of view, and for vivid planetary and lunar study, its long 1540mm focal length (f/12.1) permits magnifications upwards of 250x with optional eyepieces. Internal tube baffling and multi-coatings on the meniscus lens maximize image contrast and brightness. The StarMax 127 package includes our beefy AstroView equatorial mount with adjustable aluminum tripod, a 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25″), mirror star diagonal, 6×26 correct-image finder scope, and padded case. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £467.94
Buy from Amazon
- This grab-and-go TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope provides powerful views of the Moon and bright planets such as Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars
- Weighing just 6.5 lbs. assembled, this compact telescope and base can be taken just about anywhere to provide great views of the night sky while on road-trips, camping, or the short trip out to the backyard
- 90mm aperture Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope gathers enough light for beautiful views of brighter deep space objects like globular clusters, nebulas, and many bright galaxies
- Nifty tabletop base provides a stable viewing foundation you can set on any sturdy table, or even attach it to a field tripod with a 3/8″ or 1/4″-20 threaded post
- Includes two 1.25″ eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal lengths), EZ Finder II reflex sight for easy aiming, 90┬░ mirror diagonal for comfortable night sky viewing, and more!
Whoever coined the phrase “big things come in small packages”, would have definitely applied that expression to our new StarMax 90 TableTop Telescope. This ultra-compact Maksutov-Cassegrain (Mak-Cass) gives surprisingly big views for an instrument of its modest size, making it an elegant first telescope or a great grab-and-go second telescope! The long, 1250mm (f/13.8) focal length gives the StarMax 90 TableTop some serious magnifying power – the included 25mm and 10mm 1.25″ eyepieces yield powers of 50x and 125x, respectively. It collects over 25% more light than its GoScope 80 cousin, and up to 225% more light than a 60mm refractor telescope. So you’ll be able to enjoy planetary delights such as lunar landscapes, Saturn’s rings and Jupiter’s moons. As you scan the Milky Way, you”l also be able to pull in some open and globular star clusters, as well as a nebula or two. The tube assembly of the StarMax 90mm TableTop Mak-Cass Telescope is attached to a stable swivel base, via a quick-release dovetail mount with adjustable altitude tension. The tube can easily be removed from the base and mounted on an optional photo tripod. The small swivel base itself can also be mounted on a camera tripod with a 3/8″ screw. A red-dot view finder, internal focuser (which moves the primary lens back and forth) and included 90-degree correct image diagonal round out the features of this compact, yet surprisingly capable, Mak-Cass telescope.
Lowest Price: £166.81
Buy from Amazon