- A fantastic beginner telescope for kids that’s lightweight, easy to set up, and has a very affordable price tag!
- 76mm (3 inch) aperture reflector telescope is large enough for wonderful views of the Moon, rings of Saturn, moons orbiting Jupiter, and even some brighter nebulas
- Stable altazimuth mount and tripod provides smooth motion in both altitude (up/down) and azimuth (left/right) axes of motion
- The included EZ Finder II reflex sight makes finding celestial objects a breeze – once aligned, just place the red-dot on the object, and you’re ready to view!
- Includes two 1.25 inch telescope eyepieces, EZ Finder II reflex sight, smooth rack and pinion focuser, reflector collimation cap, and Starry Night astronomy software
If you’re looking for an affordable entry-level telescope for that beginning astronomy enthusiast, our SpaceProbe 3 Altaz is the perfect choice. Great for all-around stargazing, this highly portable, uncomplicated scope is just the right size and weight for the entire family, and just the right price for parents. This is a quality telescope, with a 3″ (76mm) glass primary mirror mounted in a sturdy Neptune Blue Metallic aluminum tube. The rack-and-pinion focuser accepts standard 1.25″ eyepieces. Two Explorer II eyepieces, a low-power 25mm (28x) and a high-power 10mm (70x), are included. An EZ Finder II finder scope mounted on the tube helps zero-in on the sky target. The altazimuth mount is lightweight and easy to use. To aim it, simply move it up or down or left or right. An adjustable, aluminum tripod with accessory tray is also included. This petite reflector telescope is a great choice for kids who are curious about space and the stars. The telescope’s 3″ aperture (or diameter) gathers a good amount of light from the night sky, for impressively bright and detailed views of celestial wonders. The whole family will want to join in the fun of seeing thrilling views of the Moon, bright planets, and star clusters seen through the SpaceProbe 3 AZ telescope. This is a genuine reflector telescope that will help foster a lifetime of appreciation for science and astronomy.
Lowest Price: £77.98
Buy from Amazon
- This 5.1 inch aperture reflector telescope gathers an ample amount of light for great views of the planets and Moon, as well as brighter galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters
- Short 24 inch long optical tube design for easy portability and fast f/5 focal ratio for pleasing wide-field performance makes the SpaceProbe 130ST EQ a very versatile telescope the whole family can enjoy
- Sturdy EQ-2 equatorial telescope mount and adjustable tripod allows manual slow-motion tracking of celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky
- Complete assembled telescope weighs just 27 lbs. for convenient transport
- Includes two 1.25 inch Sirius Plossl eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6×30 finder scope, 1.25inch rack and pinion focuser, tripod accessory tray, collimation cap, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
The SpaceProbe 130ST EQ is a rich-field Newtonian reflector with a tube only 24″ long compared to the 33″ tube length of the standard 130 EQ. The focal length of the ST’s 130mm (5.1″) primary mirror is 650mm (f/5), producing a wider field of view and brighter images for a given eyepiece focal length. The diffraction-limited parabolic primary mirror is the same type used on much larger reflectors costing substantially more. On a short-focal-length design like this one, a parabolic mirror is a must for delivering sharp, detailed images. This scope package includes an EQ-2 equatorial mount with dual setting circles and manual slow-motion controls, adjustable aluminum tripod with accessory tray, two Plossl eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), and a 6×30 achromatic finder scope. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £230.00
Buy from Amazon
- A great beginner’s reflector telescope for all-around astronomical observing at a great price!
- 3 inch aperture and 700mm focal length provides wonderful views of the Moon, planets, and even some bright nebulas and star clusters
- Includes sturdy adjustable aluminum tripod and equatorial (EQ) mount for easy manual slow-motion tracking of celestial objects with included slow-motion controls
- Includes two Explorer II 1.25 inch telescope eyepieces – 25mm and 10mm focal lengths for viewing at 28x and 70x magnification respectively
- Also includes finder scope, focuser, collimation cap, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
Buying a first telescope used to be risky business, with more cheap models on the market than affordable quality ones. Our SpaceProbe 3 changes all that. It’s not only affordable, but its optical quality will make the night sky’s treasures accessible right from your backyard. The 3″-diameter primary mirror gathers enough light to reveal the faint glows of many star clusters and nebulas, as well as Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s moons, and the stark, cratered terrain of the Moon. The aluminum Newtonian optical tube features a 1.25″ rack-and-pinion focuser and two Explorer II eyepieces – a 25mm (28x) and a 10mm (70x). The included EZ Finder II finder scope helps you locate objects with ease. The SpaceProbe 3 EQ’s equatorial mount allows easy manual tracking of objects with the turn of a knob (or use an electronic drive, sold separately, for hands-free tracking). Includes aluminum tripod with accessory tray.
Lowest Price: £101.34
Buy from Amazon