- Wonderful wide-field refractor telescope for viewing deep-sky objects with crisp resolution
- 120mm (4.7″) aperture and 600mm focal length refractor provides sharp views of nebular clouds, star clusters, and galaxies
- Also capable of achieving pleasing views of the Moon and bright planets
- Includes sturdy adjustable-height tripod, equatorial mount for manual slow-motion celestial tracking and an internal polar alignment scope for precision performance
- Includes two Sirius Plossl 1.25″ eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6×30 finder scope, smooth 2″ rack & pinion focuser, 90-degree mirror star diagonal, and Starry Night astronomy software
Our AstroView 120ST is a compact, rich-field refractor designed for observation of nebular clouds, star clusters, and even galaxies. Its multi-coated achromatic objective lens has a 120mm (4.7″) clear aperture and has a focal length of just 600mm (f/5). Compared to our standard 120mm AstroView (f/8.3), that translates to a 66% wider field of view for any given eyepiece. The fast f/5 optical system also makes it an excellent telescope for astrophotography. The 120ST has a well-baffled optical tube to ensure good contrast. The cast-metal, 2″ rack-and-pinion focuser accommodates either both 1.25″ and 2″ diagonals. The AstroView equatorial mount with adjustable aluminum tripod provides a sturdy platform for precision tracking. Add an optional EQ-3M electronic drive for fully automatic tracking. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £466.87
Buy from Amazon
- Our popular ShortTube 80 refractor telescope, configured for astronomical viewing
- Fully multi-coated optics provides maximum light throughput to your eye for bright wide-field views
- Big 8×40 finder scope makes it easy to aim the ShortTube 80-A accurately
- The 400mm, f/5 achromatic refractor optics deliver wide-field views of deep-sky and solar system objects
- Features a smooth-adjusting 1.25″ rack and pinion focuser, and includes 90-degree mirror star diagonal, two Expanse eyepieces (20mm, 9mm), tube rings, short dovetail bar, soft carry case, and Starry Night software
The ST80-A (for Astronomy) is an upgraded version of our popular ShortTube 80. Now improved with fully multi-coated optics and a soft carrying case, the “little scope that could” is better than ever! Its 80mm objective lens and short 400mm (f/5.0) focal length are perfect for scanning the heavens. Multi-coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces ensure maximum light transmission for bold image fidelity. You’ll see dramatic star clusters and nebulas as well as sharp lunar surface detail. The ST80-A includes an aluminum rack-and-pinion focuser (1.25″), 90-deg mirror diagonal, large 8×40 finder scope, and two Expanse wide-field eyepieces (20mm and 9mm). It also comes with tube rings and a dovetail bar compatible with many Orion mounts. It’s a great scope for getting started in astronomy – or the perfect portable second scope for travel or quick looks. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £160.61
Buy from Amazon
- A great refractor telescope for beginners and families
- Easily portable telescope for astronomy and daytime viewing fun wherever you go!
- Get amazing views of the Moon, bright planets like Jupiter and Saturn, and other celestial treats for the eyes
- Includes 45 degree correct-image diagonal, 25mm and 10mm eyepieces, 2x Barlow lens, 5×24 finder scope, and more!
- Comes with the Orion MoonMap 260 (a .99 value!) to help you learn about the cool lunar features you see
Want to get the kids off the couch and away from the TV, computer and smartphone? Get the whole family outside for astronomical adventures from the comfort of your own backyard this great starter telescope! The kid-friendly Orion StarBlast 70mm Travel Refractor is a powerful, yet compact telescope that is perfect for budding astronomers and their families. This no-nonsense telescope is easy to use, and the spectacular views of the Moon’s cratered surface and amazing sights like Saturn’s rings and Jupiter’s moons will amaze the whole family night after night. You can also use the StarBlast 70mm Travel Refractor during the day to look at scenery and wildlife thanks to its upright, correct image view. The pleasantly portable StarBlast 70mm optical tube is just over 2 feet long and the entire assembled telescope and mount weigh just 7 lbs., so it’s easy for the junior astronomer of the family to setup for backyard astronomy adventures. The Orion StarBlast 70mm Travel Refractor Telescope comes with a sturdy, yet lightweight altazimuth mount and tripod that provides stable up/down (altitude) and left/right (azimuth) motion. You also get great accessories with the StarBlast 70mm, including a 45-deg correct-image diagonal for upright images day or night, 25mm and 10mm telescope eyepieces for two different viewing magnifications, a 5×24 finder scope to help aim the telescope, and an Orion MoonMap 260 so you can learn about the craters you see, and more!
Lowest Price: £85.78
Buy from Amazon