- 114mm (4.5″) aperture and 900mm focal length Dobsonian telescope provides great views of lunar craters, planets, bright nebulas and galaxies
- Collects a whopping 260% more light than a typical beginner-level 60mm refractor telescope – which means hundreds more objects will be visible through the Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian
- Included Orion 2x Shorty Barlow Lens doubles the magnification of virtually any 1.25″ eyepiece, adding magnification options to your telescope right out of the box
- The included Beginning Stargazers Toolkit provides plentiful reference material for nighttime observing and a handy red LED light to see them clearly
- An affordable and value-packed telescope and accessory kit perfect for beginning astronomers!
Our SkyQuest XT4.5 is a quality telescope, with point-and-view simplicity that makes it easy to use and makes stargazing fun! The optical performance is far and away better than flimsy department store models. Its 4.5″ (114mm) mirror, housed in an enameled steel tube, gathers 260% more starlight than a 60mm refractor. More light means you can see a lot more celestial objects in greater detail. In a review of low-cost beginner telescopes, Sky and Telescope (12/05) proclaimed the XT4.5 “The best of the bunch – a solid combination of optics and mechanics.” Try it and see for yourself! The SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian Telescope Kit comes with extra accessories at a great value! The popular Shorty 2x Barlow doubles the magnification of any 1.25″ eyepiece for a power boost. The included Orion MoonMap 260 is a useful reference map of the Moon’s surface that will help the whole family learn the names and locations of more than 260 craters, mountains, valleys, “seas” and other interesting lunar features you can explore with your telescope. The detailed Orion Telescope Observer’s Guide book highlights over 60 celestial objects to observe in a telescope. Use the included Star Target planisphere to plan your observing sessions year-round! The RedBeam Mini LED light provides dark-friendly red light when you need it under starry skies.
Lowest Price: £259.19
Buy from Amazon
- Wonderful wide-field refractor telescope for viewing deep-sky objects with crisp resolution
- 120mm (4.7″) aperture and 600mm focal length refractor provides sharp views of nebular clouds, star clusters, and galaxies
- Also capable of achieving pleasing views of the Moon and bright planets
- Includes sturdy adjustable-height tripod, equatorial mount for manual slow-motion celestial tracking and an internal polar alignment scope for precision performance
- Includes two Sirius Plossl 1.25″ eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6×30 finder scope, smooth 2″ rack & pinion focuser, 90-degree mirror star diagonal, and Starry Night astronomy software
Our AstroView 120ST is a compact, rich-field refractor designed for observation of nebular clouds, star clusters, and even galaxies. Its multi-coated achromatic objective lens has a 120mm (4.7″) clear aperture and has a focal length of just 600mm (f/5). Compared to our standard 120mm AstroView (f/8.3), that translates to a 66% wider field of view for any given eyepiece. The fast f/5 optical system also makes it an excellent telescope for astrophotography. The 120ST has a well-baffled optical tube to ensure good contrast. The cast-metal, 2″ rack-and-pinion focuser accommodates either both 1.25″ and 2″ diagonals. The AstroView equatorial mount with adjustable aluminum tripod provides a sturdy platform for precision tracking. Add an optional EQ-3M electronic drive for fully automatic tracking. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £466.87
Buy from Amazon
- Our popular ShortTube 80 refractor telescope, configured for astronomical viewing
- Fully multi-coated optics provides maximum light throughput to your eye for bright wide-field views
- Big 8×40 finder scope makes it easy to aim the ShortTube 80-A accurately
- The 400mm, f/5 achromatic refractor optics deliver wide-field views of deep-sky and solar system objects
- Features a smooth-adjusting 1.25″ rack and pinion focuser, and includes 90-degree mirror star diagonal, two Expanse eyepieces (20mm, 9mm), tube rings, short dovetail bar, soft carry case, and Starry Night software
The ST80-A (for Astronomy) is an upgraded version of our popular ShortTube 80. Now improved with fully multi-coated optics and a soft carrying case, the “little scope that could” is better than ever! Its 80mm objective lens and short 400mm (f/5.0) focal length are perfect for scanning the heavens. Multi-coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces ensure maximum light transmission for bold image fidelity. You’ll see dramatic star clusters and nebulas as well as sharp lunar surface detail. The ST80-A includes an aluminum rack-and-pinion focuser (1.25″), 90-deg mirror diagonal, large 8×40 finder scope, and two Expanse wide-field eyepieces (20mm and 9mm). It also comes with tube rings and a dovetail bar compatible with many Orion mounts. It’s a great scope for getting started in astronomy – or the perfect portable second scope for travel or quick looks. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £160.61
Buy from Amazon