- 127mm (5″) aperture combined with a very long 1540mm focal length make the StarMax 127 a Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with multiple proficiencies
- Ideal telescope for sharply detailed views of planets such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, as well as the Moon and brighter deep -sky gems
- High-resolution imaging and visual performance in a telescope only 14.5″ long!
- Includes sturdy adjustable tripod and AstroView equatorial (EQ) mount for convenient slow-motion celestial tracking
- Includes a 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ telescope eyepiece, 6×30 finder scope, 90-degree mirror diagonal, soft case for the optical tube and accessories, EQ mount polar -alignment scope, Starry Night software, and more!
For the discriminating observer who wants performance and quality optics as well as portability and easy set-up, the StarMax 127 EQ is the telescope of choice. Its Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design and big 127mm (5″) aperture deliver bright, high-resolution images in a tube only 14.5″ long! The StarMax 127 EQ’s light-gathering power gives faint deep-sky objects distinctly more presence in the field of view, and for vivid planetary and lunar study, its long 1540mm focal length (f/12.1) permits magnifications upwards of 250x with optional eyepieces. Internal tube baffling and multi-coatings on the meniscus lens maximize image contrast and brightness. The StarMax 127 package includes our beefy AstroView equatorial mount with adjustable aluminum tripod, a 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25″), mirror star diagonal, 6×26 correct-image finder scope, and padded case. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £467.94
Buy from Amazon
- Control your telescope via integrated Wi-Fi using the free Celestron sky portal app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 90 mm Refractor with fully coated glass optics provides outstanding views of the Moon, planets and nebulae and more
- Accessory tray holds 2 x 1.25 inches eyepieces, miscellaneous accessories, including a rubber-lined area for a smart phone or small tablet
- Includes a Star pointer finder scope, 2 Kellner eyepieces and mirror star diagonal
- 1 x Astro-Fi 102 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain
The Celestron AstroFi 102mm Cassegrain Telescope is an entirely new type of telescope which you control by using Wi-Fi, a smartphone, or tablet and the SkyPortal app. Combined with traditional optics of Celestron you have a setup that is suitable for all environments. The SkyPortal app replaces the hand controller that most automated telescopes have, allowing you for example to control the telescope with your smartphone or tablet in the same way as with a manual controller. Based on your exact time and place the app gives even “tours” along the most beautiful celestial bodies. Features of the AstroFi 102mm Cassegrain Telescope * Aperture: 102mm * Focal length: 1325mm * Highest effective magnification: 241x * Fully coated * Tripod of aluminium * SkyPortal app In the Box * Celestron AstroFi 102mm Cassegrain Telescope * 10mm eyepiece * 25mm eyepiece
Lowest Price: £444.00
Buy from Amazon
- Compact Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope optical tube outfitted for daytime terrestrial use – just add a tripod!
- Excellent for daytime use as a versatile spotting scope capable of high magnification views
- During the night the Apex 127 provides sharply detailed views of the Moon, brighter planets such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn as well as open and globular star clusters and cloudy nebulas
- Tripod not included – altazimuth or field tripod will provide a solid foundation for the Apex 127 (mount and/or tripod sold separately)
- Includes a 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ eyepiece, 6×30 finder scope, 45-degree correct-image diagonal, soft carry case, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
When it comes to telescopes, bigger is better, and you can do no better than the Apex 127 compact Mak-Cass. Its 127mm (5″)-diameter optics collects 55% more light through its multi-coated, 5″ meniscus lens than that of a 4″ scope, putting it in the big leagues for astronomical observing and advanced nature study. But big doesn’t mean bulky! Even with a focal length of 1540mm (f/12.1), the Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design reduces the tube length to just 15″! The Apex 127 couples to any sturdy equatorial mount or photo-style tripod. T-threads on the eyepiece adapter also allow attachment of a 35mm camera body (with T-ring sold separately). The classy Apex 127 comes standard with a 6×26 achromatic finder scope, a 45-deg correct-image prism diagonal, and fully padded case. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £278.90
Buy from Amazon