- Aluminium case for up to 9 eyepieces up to 50mm diameter – very rugged and elegant
- Outside dimensions of the case: Width approx 28 cm, Length approx 17.5 cm, Height approx 23 cm
- The inside height is about 20cm, so you can put relatively long eyepieces and Barlow lenses in the case.
A good set of eyepieces can be quite a big investment, so it is advisable to have a good means of storing them and transporting them well protected. This rugged case is foam-fitted for up to 9 eyepieces with up to 5cm diameter. You can of course also manually cut the holes to accomodate other accessories.
Lowest Price: £35.00
Buy from Amazon
- Flexible Dew Shield for Tubes with with 95mm diameter, such as Meade ETX 80
- Astrozap dewcaps are constructed of black ABS plastic and are all felt lined for maximum absorbtion of moisture and baffling of stray light.
The cap is attached by wrapping it around your telescope just below the front lens or corrector plate ring. The two outside ends are then pressed together using the sewn on velcro. A rubber strip is supplied that must be attached along the bottom of the dewcap where there is no felt. This provides a friction fit so that the dewcap stays in place once attached. It also allows enough room to attach one of our heaters around the corrector plate ring on the inside of the dewcap.
Lowest Price: £36.90
Buy from Amazon
- Specifications of the Small Geoptik Telescope Cover: Diameter: 94cm, Length: 135cm
- — The cover reflects sunlight and thus prevents a heat buildup inside. As a result you will not have to wait as long until the telescope is cooled down in the evening.
Compatible Telescopes (Examples):
— Schmidt-Cassegrains up to approx. 35cm aperture
— Dobsonians and Newtonians up to approx. 30cm aperture
— Refractors up to approx. 15cm aperture
— and many others
Geoptik Telescope Covers
The Geoptik Telescope Covers provide protection from weather influences and dirt if you wish to keep your telescope outside overnight. The cover is not meant as a permanent shelter, but it is ideally suited for “observing weekends” or star parties where you do not wish to put everything back inside, only to set everything up again the next day.
Advantages of Geoptik Telescope Covers:
— The cover reflects sunlight and thus prevents a heat buildup inside. As a result you will not have to wait as long until the telescope is cooled down in the evening.
— Three layers for perfect insulation and protection
— The telescope covers are waterproof
Geoptik telescope covers are a multi-layer design. The outer layer is highly reflective (similar to Mylar) to reflect away the sun’s radiation and heat. Underneath there are two plastic layers for rigidity and insulation. Even if one of the layers gets punctuated the other two layers will still keep water away from the telescope. Through the three-layer design the telescope covers have a long life-span.
Practical Tips from TS:
Use an old cloth under the telescope cover. This cloth will draw the remaining moisture so that this moisture doesn’t condense on the telescope.
Lowest Price: £49.90
Buy from Amazon