- 114mm (4.5″) aperture and 900mm focal length Dobsonian telescope provides great views of lunar craters, planets, bright nebulas and galaxies
- Collects a whopping 260% more light than a typical beginner-level 60mm refractor telescope – which means hundreds more objects will be visible through the Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian
- Included Orion 2x Shorty Barlow Lens doubles the magnification of virtually any 1.25″ eyepiece, adding magnification options to your telescope right out of the box
- The included Beginning Stargazers Toolkit provides plentiful reference material for nighttime observing and a handy red LED light to see them clearly
- An affordable and value-packed telescope and accessory kit perfect for beginning astronomers!
Our SkyQuest XT4.5 is a quality telescope, with point-and-view simplicity that makes it easy to use and makes stargazing fun! The optical performance is far and away better than flimsy department store models. Its 4.5″ (114mm) mirror, housed in an enameled steel tube, gathers 260% more starlight than a 60mm refractor. More light means you can see a lot more celestial objects in greater detail. In a review of low-cost beginner telescopes, Sky and Telescope (12/05) proclaimed the XT4.5 “The best of the bunch – a solid combination of optics and mechanics.” Try it and see for yourself! The SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian Telescope Kit comes with extra accessories at a great value! The popular Shorty 2x Barlow doubles the magnification of any 1.25″ eyepiece for a power boost. The included Orion MoonMap 260 is a useful reference map of the Moon’s surface that will help the whole family learn the names and locations of more than 260 craters, mountains, valleys, “seas” and other interesting lunar features you can explore with your telescope. The detailed Orion Telescope Observer’s Guide book highlights over 60 celestial objects to observe in a telescope. Use the included Star Target planisphere to plan your observing sessions year-round! The RedBeam Mini LED light provides dark-friendly red light when you need it under starry skies.
Lowest Price: £259.19
Buy from Amazon
- The Visionary Classic range of binoculars provide excellent value for money without compromising image or build quality.
- Featuring rubber armoured bodies and fully coated lenses the Classic range is also a lighter weight alternative to most traditional style/size binoculars.
- The 7×50 model is well suited to marine use with exceptionally bright and stable images for on ship viewing.
- This level of magnification is also well suited as a birdwatching binocular.
- The combination of 7x magnification and 50mm front lens results in much brighter images than higher magnification models, this results in comfortable long term use. This combination could be used as a budget astronomy or low light observation binocular
Front Lens Diameter (mm) 50
Field of View (m @ 1000m) 119
Dimensions (LxWxH mm) 175 x 185 x 63
Weight (g) 790
Lowest Price: £18.99
Buy from Amazon
- Compact and lightweight – a perfect Dobsonian reflector telescope for traveling or easy trips to the backyard at home
- 4.5″ aperture and 900mm focal length provide clear views of lunar craters and plains on the Moon, planets, bright nebulas and galaxies
- Sturdy and portable Dobsonian base and handy navigation knob allow for effortless maneuvering of the reflector optical tube
- Collects a whopping 260% more light than a typical 60mm-aperture beginner telescope – which means hundreds more objects will be visible through the Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian reflector
- Includes two eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal length Sirius Plossl), 6×26 correct-image finder scope, 1.25″ rack and pinion focuser, collimation cap, eyepiece rack, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
Now everyone with a curiosity for space can explore its wonders to their hearts’ content. With an Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian reflector telescope stargazing is easy and fun for the whole family. Its portable size, innovative design, and point-and-view simplicity make it an extremely user-friendly telescope for beginners and intermediate stargazers alike. The Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian’s Newtonian reflector tube assembly features a big 4.5″ (114mm) diameter light-gathering mirror housed in an enameled steel tube. This spherical primary mirror pulls in 260% more starlight than the lens of a 60mm refractor (the classic beginner telescope), which means this telescope can provide you and your family with views of hundreds of more objects! The 4.5″ Classic Dobsonian is a great telescope for surveying the Moon’s many craters, valleys, and mountains. It’s relatively long focal length and f/8 focal ratio provides well-defined views of Jupiter’s cloud band “stripes” and nearby Galilean moons, not to mention Saturn and its awe-inspiring rings. This telescope is not limited to only view objects in our solar system. The SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian is a great telescope to use while star-hopping among the Milky Way’s diverse star clusters and nebulas.
Lowest Price: £230.39
Buy from Amazon