- 127mm (5″) aperture combined with a very long 1540mm focal length make the StarMax 127 a Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with multiple proficiencies
- Ideal telescope for sharply detailed views of planets such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, as well as the Moon and brighter deep -sky gems
- High-resolution imaging and visual performance in a telescope only 14.5″ long!
- Includes sturdy adjustable tripod and AstroView equatorial (EQ) mount for convenient slow-motion celestial tracking
- Includes a 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ telescope eyepiece, 6×30 finder scope, 90-degree mirror diagonal, soft case for the optical tube and accessories, EQ mount polar -alignment scope, Starry Night software, and more!
For the discriminating observer who wants performance and quality optics as well as portability and easy set-up, the StarMax 127 EQ is the telescope of choice. Its Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design and big 127mm (5″) aperture deliver bright, high-resolution images in a tube only 14.5″ long! The StarMax 127 EQ’s light-gathering power gives faint deep-sky objects distinctly more presence in the field of view, and for vivid planetary and lunar study, its long 1540mm focal length (f/12.1) permits magnifications upwards of 250x with optional eyepieces. Internal tube baffling and multi-coatings on the meniscus lens maximize image contrast and brightness. The StarMax 127 package includes our beefy AstroView equatorial mount with adjustable aluminum tripod, a 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25″), mirror star diagonal, 6×26 correct-image finder scope, and padded case. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £467.94
Buy from Amazon
- This 5 inch diameter GoTo Make-Cass boasts a super-long 1540mm focal length and f/12.1 focal ratio, for powerful views of the Moon, planets, and deep-sky objects
- Huge GoTo database of over 42,000 objects, and handy built-in Tour mode means you’ll enjoy great views on any clear night
- Once aligned, dual optical encoders on both axes of motion allow manual aiming of the telescope without losing GoTo alignment
- After an object is selected, the StarSeeker IV 127mm locates and tracks it automatically so you can relax and enjoy the view
- Includes GoTo hand controller, 23mm (67x) and 10mm (154x) wide-field 60-degree eyepieces, 90-degree diagonal, EZ Finder II sight, and more
The Orion StarSeeker IV 127mm GoTo Mak-Cass Telescope presents a winning combination of motorized object-location technology and great optical performance at an unbelievably low price. This smart GoTo telescope will lead you and your family on a guided tour of the stars. Featuring a compact Maksutov-Cassegrain optical tube with an extra-long, 1540mm focal length and f/12.1 focal ratio, the StarSeeker IV 127mm GoTo Mak-Cass weighs just 22.2 lbs. for easy transportability. Following a simple two-star alignment process, the Orion StarSeeker IV 127mm telescope can guide you to interesting sights on any clear night with their GoTo database of over 42,000 objects. A built-in “Tour” mode feature makes it easy for anyone to explore the wonders of starry skies, no matter how familiar or unfamiliar you are with the night sky. This fourth generation StarSeeker telescope features dual optical encoders on each axis of motion which allow you to move the telescope tube either manually by hand, or electronically by using the directional arrows on the GoTo hand controller. Thanks to this impressive upgrade, the StarSeeker IV 127mm will not lose its GoTo alignment if you move the reflector telescope tube manually. The StarSeeker IV GoTo mount and its slanted, single-arm altazimuth design provides attached telescopes with 360-degrees of azimuth motion and 90-degrees of altitude motion for horizon-to-zenith pointing. A quick-release narrow dovetail saddle makes telescope attachment nice and easy. The StarSeeker IV 127mm features an upgraded cylindrical leg stainless steel tripod that is much sturdier than previous models. Tripod stability is further enhanced with the dual-purpose spreader plate/accessory holder, which keeps the tripod rigid and provides a handy area for stowing idle eyepieces and accessories. Includes GoTo hand controller, 23mm (67x) and 10mm (154x) wide-field 60-degree eyepieces, 90-degree diagonal, EZ Finder II sight, and more.
Lowest Price: £545.93
Buy from Amazon
- Compact Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope optical tube outfitted for daytime terrestrial use – just add a tripod!
- Excellent for daytime use as a versatile spotting scope capable of high magnification views
- During the night the Apex 127 provides sharply detailed views of the Moon, brighter planets such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn as well as open and globular star clusters and cloudy nebulas
- Tripod not included – altazimuth or field tripod will provide a solid foundation for the Apex 127 (mount and/or tripod sold separately)
- Includes a 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ eyepiece, 6×30 finder scope, 45-degree correct-image diagonal, soft carry case, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
When it comes to telescopes, bigger is better, and you can do no better than the Apex 127 compact Mak-Cass. Its 127mm (5″)-diameter optics collects 55% more light through its multi-coated, 5″ meniscus lens than that of a 4″ scope, putting it in the big leagues for astronomical observing and advanced nature study. But big doesn’t mean bulky! Even with a focal length of 1540mm (f/12.1), the Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design reduces the tube length to just 15″! The Apex 127 couples to any sturdy equatorial mount or photo-style tripod. T-threads on the eyepiece adapter also allow attachment of a 35mm camera body (with T-ring sold separately). The classy Apex 127 comes standard with a 6×26 achromatic finder scope, a 45-deg correct-image prism diagonal, and fully padded case. One-year limited warranty.
Lowest Price: £278.90
Buy from Amazon