- Red and white LED head torch light head lamp. You can switch from red light to bright white light
- The red LED means you can see what your are doing without losing your ‘night vision’ which is vital for getting the best out of astronomy.
- It can also be used as a normal torch with the 2x white LEDs
- Red LED for night vision, 2 white LEDs for floodlight
- Batteries Included. Long battery life. One size fits all.
This red LED head torch is a great “must have” for any astronomer or for anyone who needs a hands free torch. The red LED means you can see what you are doing without losing your ‘night vision’ which is vital for getting the best out of astronomy. It can take up to 20 minutes for your eyes to fully adjust to low light conditions and to give you the best views. Normal light will ruin your night vision until your eyes adjust again but the red LED helps to ensure that this does not happen. It is compact and lightweight. This torch also frees up both of your hands for changing eyepieces and reading star maps or a planisphere etc. It can also be used as a normal torch with the 2x white LEDs. This red LED head lamp (torch) features a multi position light, black rubber casing, elasticated head strap, 170 degree adjustable light angle, 2 white LEDs for floodlight, red LED for night vision and batteries. It will easily mount to your telescope’s focuser. One size fits all.