- Large Dobsonian reflector telescope with 8″ aperture allows you to see faint deep-sky objects such as nebulas and galaxies, in addition to fantastic views of the Moon and planets
- Locating those faint deep-sky objects is simple with the IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator – it includes more than 14,000 objects in its database, and points you right to each one
- Select the object you wish to view from the IntelliScope database, then simply follow the directional arrows displayed on the hand controller by moving the telescope until the object is right in the eyepiece field of view – it’s easy!
- The ultra-stable Dobsonian telescope base keeps the reflector optical tube perfectly balanced for easy point-and-view use
- A precise Crayford focuser allows use of larger format 2″ telescope eyepieces – the bright, wide-field view of the Andromeda galaxy in a low power 2″ eyepiece is jaw-dropping!
Orion’s SkyQuest XT8i Intelliscope Dobsonian Computerized Telescope combines powerful 203mm-diameter reflector optics with point-and-view simplicity in a nicely portable package. With the included IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator, the amateur stargazer can pinpoint the location of 14,000+ celestial wonders stored in the IntelliScope’s databank. It’s like having your own personal tour guide to the universe! The optical tube houses an 8″ (203mm) parabolic mirror and rides on our state-of-the-art Dobsonian base, equipped with springless CorrecTension friction control for smooth movement and always-perfect tube balance. One-year limited warranty.