- Perhaps the best beginner Dobsonian reflector telescope you can buy – big 6″ aperture at an amazing price
- Simple navigation and no need to polar align makes this Dobsonian reflector telescope extremely ease to use for the whole family
- The 6″ diameter f/8 parabolic mirror is fantastic for Moon and planetary views, and also has enough light grasp for deep-sky viewing of nebulas, galaxies, and star clusters
- The stable Dobsonian base provides a vibration free image even when viewing at a high powers, and features smooth enough motions to make tracking of celestial objects a breeze
- Value-packed kit includes the complete telescope, an Orion 13% Transmission Moon Filter, and an Orion MoonMap 260
The SkyQuest XT6 Classic Dobsonian telescope isn’t just good bang for the buck, it’s a supernova of telescope value! It features an expertly figured parabolic mirror housed in an enameled steel optical tube. The tube rides on a stable Dobsonian base that allows easy point-and-view navigation and has a convenient carrying handle. A 1.25 inch Rack-and-pinion focuser, EZ Finder II aiming device, 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25″), and quick-collimation cap are all standard equipment. Setup takes only a minute, leaving the rest of the evening to marvel at the planets, the Moon, and a myriad of deep-sky treasures This special Moon Kit includes the complete Orion SkyQuest XT6 Classic Dobsonian Reflector Telescope, a useful 1.25″ Orion 13% Transmission Moon Filter, and a detailed Orion MoonMap 260. The versatile Moon Filter helps reduce the Moon’s bright glare which can significantly improve contrast of lunar features. The included Orion MoonMap 260 identifies over 260 of the most popular lunar surface features including craters, mountain ranges, valleys, rilles, “seas” and more.