- Compact and lightweight – a perfect Dobsonian reflector telescope for traveling or easy trips to the backyard at home
- 4.5″ aperture and 900mm focal length provide clear views of lunar craters and plains on the Moon, planets, bright nebulas and galaxies
- Collects a whopping 260% more light than a typical beginner-level 60mm refractor telescope – which means hundreds more objects will be visible through the Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian
- Includes two eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal length Sirius Plossl), 6×26 correct-image finder scope, 1.25″ rack and pinion focuser, collimation cap, eyepiece rack and more!
- Value-packed kit includes the complete telescope, an Orion 13% Transmission Moon Filter, and an Orion MoonMap 260
With an Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian reflector telescope stargazing is easy and fun for the whole family. Its portable size, innovative design, and point-and-view simplicity make it an extremely user-friendly telescope for beginners and intermediate stargazers alike. The Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian’s Newtonian reflector tube assembly features a big 4.5″ (114mm) diameter light-gathering mirror housed in an enameled steel tube. The 4.5″ Classic Dobsonian is a great telescope for surveying the Moon’s many craters, valleys, and mountains. It’s relatively long focal length and f/8 focal ratio provides well-defined views of Jupiter’s cloud band “stripes” and nearby Galilean moons, not to mention Saturn and its awe-inspiring rings. This telescope is not limited to only view objects in our solar system. The SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian is a great telescope to use while star-hopping among the Milky Way’s diverse star clusters and nebulas. This special Moon Kit includes the complete Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian Telescope, a useful 1.25″ Orion 13% Transmission Moon Filter, and a detailed Orion MoonMap 260. The versatile Moon Filter helps reduce the Moon’s bright glare which can significantly improve contrast of lunar features. The included Orion MoonMap 260 identifies over 260 of the most popular lunar surface features including craters, mountain ranges, valleys, rilles, “seas” and more.