- An ideal refractor telescope optical tube assembly for use as a guide scope with a CCD autoguider, or for wide-field observations
- Fast, wide field-of-view optics excel at guide star acquisition and viewing expansive celestial objects
- Fully multi-coated 80mm aperture f/5.0 optics deliver bright, wide-field images with sharp resolution
- Weighs just 2.95 lbs. and measures 15" long – can easily be added to an astrophotography system without overloading your telescope mount
- Sold as optical tube assembly only without accessories – accessories sold separately
This version of the popular ShortTube 80 is sold without accessories. It is ideal for use as a guide scope with a CCD autoguider. All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multicoated, ensuring maximum light transmission for enhanced brightness and clarity. The ST80’s 80mm objective doublet lens and 400mm focal length (f/5.0) deliver bright, wide-field images. Only 15-1/2″ in length, the ST80 is easily portable. The 1.25″ cast aluminum rack-and-pinion focuser has a focus lock knob and a dovetail fitting to accommodate Orion finder scopes. For use as a guidescope, use guidescope rings (sold separately). One-year limited warranty. Dovetail mounting bar not included.