- Compact Deluxe Mini Guide Scope with a built-in helical focuser for precise focusing of guide stars
- Designed for use with the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately), and astrophotography telescopes up to 1500mm focal length
- Non-rotating camera collar will not cause the attached autoguider to rotate during focus adjustments, ensuring the field of potential guide stars will not move
- Adjustable-aim dovetail guide scope bracket installs on virtually any astrophotography telescope quickly and easily
- Very small and compact autoguiding system adds hardly any weight to an astrophotography setup and can conveniently be stashed in an accessory case between uses
Our conveniently compact Deluxe Mini 50mm Guide Scope features a helical fine-focus mechanism to allow for faster, more precise focusing of potential guide stars. This Deluxe version of our popular Mini 50mm Guide Scope is designed for use with the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately) or similar small-chip CCD autoguider devices. The Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope is ideal for guiding long-exposure astrophotographs with imaging telescopes up to 1500mm in focal length. The Deluxe Mini 50mm Guide Scope’s machined and anodized helical focuser has a fixed-orientation design that will not rotate the installed StarShoot AutoGuider or similar device during focus adjustments. The helical focuser simply moves the attached autoguider in or out while maintaining its set orientation. Astrophotographers are sure to appreciate this, since it ensures that the field of potential guide stars will not rotate when focus adjustments are made. The Orion Deluxe Mini 50mm Guide Scope with Helical Focuser brings precisely focused autoguiding into the realm of affordability for any astrophotographer, and brings the guide scope to a position that was previously occupied by a telescope finder scope. Using a more optically “fast” guide scope such as the Deluxe Mini 50mm Guide Scope with Helical Focuser can save astrophotographers valuable time, space, and money, but will still provide the unrivaled accuracy that only autoguiding can bring to long-exposure astrophotographs.