- 127mm (5″) aperture combined with a very long 1540mm focal length make the StarMax 127 a Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with multiple proficiencies
- Ideal telescope for sharply detailed views of planets such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, as well as the Moon and brighter deep -sky gems
- High-resolution imaging and visual performance in a telescope only 14.5″ long!
- Includes sturdy adjustable tripod and AstroView equatorial (EQ) mount for convenient slow-motion celestial tracking
- Includes a 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ telescope eyepiece, 6×30 finder scope, 90-degree mirror diagonal, soft case for the optical tube and accessories, EQ mount polar -alignment scope, Starry Night software, and more!
For the discriminating observer who wants performance and quality optics as well as portability and easy set-up, the StarMax 127 EQ is the telescope of choice. Its Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design and big 127mm (5″) aperture deliver bright, high-resolution images in a tube only 14.5″ long! The StarMax 127 EQ’s light-gathering power gives faint deep-sky objects distinctly more presence in the field of view, and for vivid planetary and lunar study, its long 1540mm focal length (f/12.1) permits magnifications upwards of 250x with optional eyepieces. Internal tube baffling and multi-coatings on the meniscus lens maximize image contrast and brightness. The StarMax 127 package includes our beefy AstroView equatorial mount with adjustable aluminum tripod, a 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25″), mirror star diagonal, 6×26 correct-image finder scope, and padded case. One-year limited warranty.