- Compact Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope optical tube outfitted for daytime terrestrial use – just add a tripod!
- Excellent for daytime use as a versatile spotting scope capable of high magnification views
- During the night the Apex 127 provides sharply detailed views of the Moon, brighter planets such as Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn as well as open and globular star clusters and cloudy nebulas
- Tripod not included – altazimuth or field tripod will provide a solid foundation for the Apex 127 (mount and/or tripod sold separately)
- Includes a 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ eyepiece, 6×30 finder scope, 45-degree correct-image diagonal, soft carry case, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
When it comes to telescopes, bigger is better, and you can do no better than the Apex 127 compact Mak-Cass. Its 127mm (5″)-diameter optics collects 55% more light through its multi-coated, 5″ meniscus lens than that of a 4″ scope, putting it in the big leagues for astronomical observing and advanced nature study. But big doesn’t mean bulky! Even with a focal length of 1540mm (f/12.1), the Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design reduces the tube length to just 15″! The Apex 127 couples to any sturdy equatorial mount or photo-style tripod. T-threads on the eyepiece adapter also allow attachment of a 35mm camera body (with T-ring sold separately). The classy Apex 127 comes standard with a 6×26 achromatic finder scope, a 45-deg correct-image prism diagonal, and fully padded case. One-year limited warranty.