- Adjustable length adapter lets you attach a T-ring equipped DSLR or SLR camera directly to your telescope
- Useful for either prime-focus or eyepiece-projection astrophotography with refractors or reflector telescopes
- Slides into 1.25″ telescope focuser or 2″ focuser with step-down adapter; has T-threads for attachment of camera body
- Allows you to vary the magnification without changing the inserted eyepiece when performing eyepiece projection astrophotography
- Requires T-ring to fit your brand of camera (T-rings sold separately)
The 1.25″ Variable Universal Camera Adapters allow attachment of a camera body to reflector and refractor telescopes for either prime-focus or telescope eyepiece-projection photography (hence the term universal). The adapter slides into the eyepiece holder as an eyepiece normally would. This universal adapter is composed of two detachable parts: a prime-focus adapter (or T-adapter) for prime-focus photography, and a fixed-length or variable extension tube for eyepiece-projection photography. A thumbscrew in the extension tube holds the telescope eyepiece in place. This combination of prime-focus and eyepiece-projection camera adapter has a sliding barrel design that allows variable projection distances. This allows for slight changes in magnification without swapping telescope eyepieces when performing eyepiece-projection photography. Fits reflector and refractor telescopes with 1.25″ eyepiece holders. This Variable-Power Universal Camera Adapter is precision made of black-anodized aluminum and is compatible with 1.25″ telescope focusers and many 1.25″ telescope eyepieces (some eyepieces have housing diameters that are too large to fit inside the adapter). The barrel of the adapter is threaded for filters. A T-ring for your specific camera model (sold separately) is required to couple your camera body to the universal adapter.