- A great entry-level refractor telescope for beginners looking for a quality instrument that will provide great views of the night sky
- 70mm (2.75 inch) aperture lens collects enough light from the night sky for wonderful views of the Moon, bright planets like Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter, and the brightest nebulas and star clusters
- The Observer 70 AZ’s altazimuth telescope mount provides smooth up/down and left/right panning motion across the sky, and the adjustable-height tripod helps make your viewing sessions comfortable
- Includes two Explorer II 1.25 inch eyepieces (25mm, and 10mm focal lengths) for viewing at 28x or 70x magnification through the telescope, an EZ Finder II reflex sight for easy aiming, and a 90-degree mirror diagonal for crisp and clear night sky views
- Can also be used for pleasing daytime terrestrial views of wildlife and scenery with a correct-image diagonal (sold separately)
Our Observer 70 is the perfect telescope for that budding astronomer in your family. This scope excels in both quality and performance. Its 70mm multi-coated achromatic objective lens with 700mm focal length (f/10) – gathers 36% more light than a 60mm telescope. And it’s made of glass, not plastic, as you’d find in many department store models. The optical tube is supported on a sturdy aluminum tripod with accessory tray. This altazimuth model can also be used for terrestrial viewing. Standard accessories include a 10mm (70x) Explorer II eyepiece, a 25mm (28x) Explorer II eyepiece, 90-deg mirror star diagonal, and an EZ Finder II finder scope. One-year limited warranty.