- Automated motor drive for sidereal tracking of the RA axis
- Smooth tracking of the Moon, planets, stars and other night sky objects
- Adjustable tracking speed compatible with both North and South hemisphere operation (via integrated N/S switch)
- Includes 9v battery for up to 40 hours of use
- 1 x DC Motor drive with flexible coupler and mounting bracket;1 x 9v battery;1 x 3/8″” hex wrench; Instruction sheet
Meade Polaris RA Motor Drive – Automated Tracking in the Night Sky
Enjoyable Viewing of the Night Sky from Anywhere in the World
Compatible with both Northern Hemisphere and South Hemisphere operation the RA Motor drive is the perfect companion at home or on the road, no matter where your place is in the world. Direction of tracking is controlled via a convenient N/S switch on the motor housing. Powered by a single 9V battery (included) with approximately 40 hours of run time, the Motor Drive is guaranteed to help deliver numerous viewing sessions, night after night, in any chosen location. By leaving it permanently installed on the selected telescope, set-up times are conveniently eliminated, allowing it to be simply stored and transported alongside the main telescope and remain instantly ready for use. Alternatively, it can be swiftly removed, reinstalled upon another telescope and ready for action within minutes if so desired. The choice is yours.