- Reduces your telescope’s focal ratio by 0.63
- Reduces exposure times and simplifies astrophotography
- Improves edge-of-field resolution by flattening the telescope’s field
- Features a 4-element, multi-coated 41-millimeter lens within a metal cell
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
For CCD, photographic, and visual applications.
Series 4000 f/6.3 Focal Reducer/Field Flattener: An important advancement in high-resolution focal reduction systems, the Meade 4-element, multi-coated f/6.3 Focal Reducer (arrow) threads on to the rear cell of any Meade LX-Series mirror-lens telescope or to other Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope brands (followed by the Off-Axis Guider, shown, or T-Adapter) and reduces the telescopes focal ratio by a factor of 0.63: e.g., f/10 telescopes are converted to f/6.3. Simultaneously, the 41mm-diameter lens system helps to flatten the field, significantly improving edge-of-field corrections. The f/6.3 Focal Reducer enables a reduction of photographic exposure times by about 50%, while producing an actual field diameter of 38mm(1.5″) at the film plane.