- 233mm.187″ Black Polymer Solar Filter for 203mm.00″ Telescopes. This filter should fit the following telescope models: Celestron & Meade 8″ Schmidt Cassegrain and instruments of similar outer diameter. Part #B9187.
- Please read carefully: 233mm.187″ is the diameter of the filter. The filter fits like a cap by friction. To be absolutely sure that the filter will fit, please measure the outer diameter of your instrument and make sure that it is not larger.
- Black polymer is the most common filtering material for observing sunspots and granulation, through telescopes and binoculars. The sun will appear in a natural orange color when viewed through your telescope using this filter.
- This is a high quality product of Thousand Oaks Optical, Arizona. A manufacturer of safe solar filters for over 30 years. Words of the producer: “Stronger than Mylar with the filtering properties protected within the substrate. Guaranteed five years.”
- WARNING: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE FILTER IS WELL ATTACHED TO THE TELESCOPE/BINOCULARS/CAMERA. IN CASE NECESSARY, USE STICKY TAPE TO SECURE IT. NEVER OBSERVE SUN WITHOUT A PROPERLY ATTACHED FILTER!
A good astronomer wants to use his telescope at night AND day. For this you need a high quality solar filter. Sunspots, eclipses and transiting satellites can all be seen or photographed, clearly and safely through this black polymer filter. The sun will appear in a natural orange color in your telescope’s eyepiece. Thousand Oaks Optical have been producing high quality solar filters for the past 30 years and we are an authorized distributor of theirs. Worldwide shipping available.