- A wide-field reflector telescope with enough aperture to get great views of the Moon, planets, and many bright deep-sky objects
- A fantastic general-purpose astronomical telescope – great for the beginner to test the waters with mirror optics large enough to keep you and your family busy viewing for years to come
- Works amazingly well with the included Expanse telescope eyepieces which yield a very wide 66 degree apparent field of view – your first look at the Andromeda galaxy will knock your socks off!
- Fast f/4 optics and a short focal length provide a very wide field of view, making it easy to locate celestial objects without having to hunt around
- The EQ-1 equatorial telescope mount makes tracking night-sky objects extremely easy using the included slow-motion controls.
A telescope is a great gift for families and beginners interested in space and the stars. Especially a telescope like the Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ. It’s a genuine, real reflector telescope with sophisticated features to help inspire stargazers night after night. With its 4.5″-diameter reflector tube and sturdy equatorial (EQ) mount with slow-motion controls, this telescope goes beyond the capabilities of smaller beginner models to support families as their interest in space grows into a lifelong appreciation of stargazing and science. The compact Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ is a favorite of both beginners and expert astronomers alike, thanks to its great optics, convenient portability, and easy-to-use operation. The StarBlast 4.5 EQ will amaze the whole family with bright views thanks to its big, 4.5″-aperture telescope tube, which collects a lot of light from the night sky to send bright, clear images of objects in space to the telescope eyepiece for viewing. The telescope’s combination of short 450mm focal length and sizable 4.5″ aperture means the StarBlast 4.5 EQ will provide brighter views at any magnification compared to longer focal length telescopes, which makes it easier for everyone, and especially beginners, to locate interesting sights in the night sky. Using a telescope allows curious families to explore the sparkling night sky and search out interesting objects to observe. Use the StarBlast 4.5 EQ to look at fascinating craters, valleys and mountains on the Moon; and bright planets like Jupiter, Saturn and Mars. Even distant objects like star clusters, brighter nebulas and galaxies can be seen in this petite reflector telescope. Along with the complete telescope, mount and tripod, the Orion Starblast 4.5 EQ also includes 15mm and 6mm wide-angle Expanse eyepieces (30x and 75x respectively), EZ Finder II sight, and more.